OK With It.

This weekend was not one for the books but Im OK with it. More on that later. But first this.

IMG_1105 (3)
Crazy stuff!

So yesterday I was pumped to just take a ride to the park like I used to do everyday since the store was closed for Sunday.  As I cruised along the lake I saw what I thought was a ship way out there. I could not make it out but took this pic. I looked on the radar and saw no ships in the area. I thought that was weird.  I get to the computer this morn and see this. I have no idea what I’m looking at. But it was out there. Some kind of reflection thing? I had no idea. Then, a buddy sent me this. Its pretty awesome I now have some pics of that! So rare!

So Saturday I woke to 38 degrees. I really needed to ride so I had to go back into the basement to get some thermal stuff back out. I hate doing that. Anyway, I rode the Checkpoint knowing I was not going on the group ride but rode the 4 miles over to meet them. I was the first there and thought it was going to be a no show but 3 others finally rode up. After talking about how wimpey the others were, I mean, it was like 43 degrees by then. The three took off and I took the long way home adding some urban assault with the big tire’d bike. It was a nice ride. Sometime I like to just tool around. About an hour ride and got back in good time to open the store.

It was a no go.

Sunday was another story. Brought the road bike home as the woods are for sure too wet. After my drive to the park I got home around noon and took the bike off the car, aired up the tires and got it ready to ride. I was looking for something at least 30 miles. So I went inside to eat a little lunch, got my clothes all lined up and was going to wait a bit to let the temps ride maybe 5 more degrees. Then sat down on the couch. And took a nap. Long story short I put everything back and didnt ride. At first I was a bit upset with myself but then I just thought how often to I get to just hang and relax at home. So I grabbed a wine cooler and watched the Tour of Cali on my computer out on the patio. And just kicked back. It was very pleasant and Im glad I ditched the ride to relax a bit. I almost never get to do that.

Today at the store I start true “summer” hours. Since I get here early I get about three hours off in the middle of the day. About 11 to  2. This will be my time. To ride or just head over and have lunch in my favorite park. Will see how that works.

So it was a uneventful\eventful weekend. What I lost in bike rides I gained in phenomenon.

But I hope to ride a bit this week now with my new found time in the middle of the day. I still have yet to ride in dirt. And most likely will be with the Checkpoint if I do soon. But it will be another week before everything drys out. And thats if it doesn’t rain. And it looks like it will. Patience.


Wa da ya think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.