Calm Before the Storm

This will be the last post till Monday… wait, Tuesday. Monday morn is then my phone\internet get hooked up. That makes me a bit nervous. I mean more nervous that I am already..

Yesterday was a nice day out of the store for me attending the CABDA show. Almost 5 hours of driving and a bit over 3 hours in the show but was worth it just to say hi to everybody.


This morn was the first time hanging out by the lake all week. Pretty gray and dark. I had planned a ride this morn but its just too wet and even icy in spots. Slight drizzle. So I bailed.

So, today is just packing things up. I plan on making a couple trips over to the store with a few boxs. Tomorrow morning too. Then, at 4pm tomorrow I’ll have a box truck that I rented for Fri thru Sunday and its game on. Im going to have a ton of help. I could not do this without a select few. I’ll have to do something real nice for them when done….

All the heavy stuff will be hauled Friday nite and Saturday. Saturday at 4pm the phones computers go over….  Sunday bright and early my crack IT guy Ben will be in to string up all three computers. And Sunday will be moving all product including all the bikes, car racks and such.

Monday morn, at 11am, we flip the switch and its game on in the new location. We will then take out time putting up the pictures and posters and such.

Once the bike stuff is up, then I take a deep breath and start the final planning of the coffee shop. In fact, I’ll have the coffee space in the store taped off to keep perspective when we set up the bike stuff.

Right now its the calm before the storm. The old store is in complete disarray and its hard to sell anything right now. Some product in the new store, some in boxes, some on the floor. But the middle of February is the best time to be doing this.

So next time I type here I will be at the new store.


Really, I’ve been on this since Sept of last year and it crazy how fat its going. I first got the keys to this space 7 days ago. Since then we have spackled all the holes in the wall, painted, hung most od the slatewall, had the carpets steamed, plumber in to get the water up and today the electrician stops in to add some outlets for the computers.

When I got the keys last Thursday the furnace was not working and its on the roof. I was freaking out and was ready to postpone everything a week. It amazing how well things have went since. Almost scary.

But along with all the huge help I’ve received this is my third store to set up. So I kinda have done this before.

And I gatta say it does not get any easier. Have a good weekend. And I hope I have one too.



Wa da ya think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.